How do we get started with self-organization?
One simple process (adapted from a Peter Block activity) I've used many times is the Opportunity Process. Here's the simple steps:
1. Have people put their interest or current passion or challenge on a 9 x 12 sheet of paper or PostIt. Have someone sort into Action Groups of 3-10 people.
2. Have each group identify opportunities in that area where something could really make a difference right now.
3. Generate ideas for small projects/small acts that could help the group explore that opportunity. Each act needs a champion.
4. Identify the gifts (skills and resources) that the project team already has to accomplish that act.
5. Figure out who and what else they need to make the project successful and then invite those individuals to join their project.
6. How will the project be managed? Use a project management worksheet or online project management site like TeamworkPM so everyone involved knows what they are to do. Have a volunteer be project coordinator.
7. Check in with and coach the project coordinators.
8. After the project is underway, identify �patterns of success.�
Posted by Internet at Every Where on 7:46 AM